HVAC summer and winter efficiency tips in Jonesboro, Arkansas
HVAC, which is short for heating, ventilation and air conditioning, is a technology of indoor environmental comfort. The aim is to provide quality indoor air and thermal comfort. Through the system which is used in today’s modern homes and buildings, cooled or warmed air travels through a series of pipes and is distributed to all the rooms of the house. A central HVAC system is the most appropriate way to cool and also heat an entire house.
In recent years, HVAC systems have also improved in energy efficiency. Therefore if you maintain and upgrade your HVAC equipment, you can both save money and acquire better results. You can also cut your energy bills in half implementing a whole house approach. There are various methods that you can implement when it comes to reducing the amount of your bills. Here are some HVAC summer and winter efficiency tips in Jonesboro.
- You can install a whole house fan. You can install this unit permanently in your attic. It will force hot air out via your attic vents and draw cool air in the house through the windows.
- You can install window shadings like solar window shadings and patio covers. You can also use strategically planted trees and vines to provide a shade for your house.
- If your air conditioner is old, you can invest in a new one. It will save you time and work more efficiently. Or you can always replace air conditioner filters.
- You can use fans and ventilation methods to cool your house.
- Always make sure that you regularly maintain your cooling equipment.
- You can install a programmable thermostat. You can save up to 15% on your energy costs.
- You can consider increasing ceiling insulation and wrap your hot water tank with jacket insulation. Do not hesitate to invest in insulation.
- You can replace your windows with more energy efficient windows.
- You can consider sealing your ducts and repair the leaks in them.
- Try to keep your furnace clean and unblocked with regular maintenance.
- You could get a humidifier. Moist air feels warmer and holds heat better.
Direct Plumbing & HVAC is a home improvement company based in Jonesboro. We are the market leader in quality circulation.If you are looking for some help with implementing these tips to increase efficiency, get in touch with our friendly team and schedule an appointment. We can offer you efficient, fast, upfront and expert plumbing work and more.